Remote position (options: offices in Wrocław/Katowice)
Salary: 80- 150 PLN / h
Expected commitment: full and/or part time
We create the world without logins and passwords!
We change the way, how the Internet of Things will look like in the next years.
But it is just tip of the iceberg!
Would you like to join our international team on an exciting journey through the Cyber Security and IoT worlds?
Working closely with Cyberus Labs’ CTO and executive team, VP Engineering will be primarily responsible for all internal engineering resources, product development and on-time delivery
Within the program you will manage multiple projects from conceptual design through implementation. You will have the chance to network with clients, vendors, and in-house personnel in Europe and the US, as well as form a dream team of experts for each project to maximize resources and efficiency.
- Breaking down tasks for the dev team.
- Doing code & design reviews.
- Making sure the dev team produce quality and tested code.
- Making sure the dev team comply with the coding standards and protocols defined by the CTO.
- Monitoring the devs progress and making sure they keep up with the roadmap, milestones & deliverables.
- Doing occasional talks with the team to make sure they are happy and in-sync with the company direction.
- Building the culture of the dev teams.
- Overseeing the entire dev cycle, from initial design to delivery.
- Helping devs with coding problems and challenges they can’t handle. The VP Engineering must be an exceptional developer and a problem solver that the team can rely on.
- Recruiting and evaluating new hires. New programmers should not be hired without the CTO approval.
- Training new employees and designing training program if possible.
- Being the direct supervisor of the technical staff.
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge project and technology partner (early-adopter client) requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- 3+ years of experience coding
- 3+ years project management experience in the IT field, including development work and interactions with customers
- 3+ years of engineering team management: small-medium sized teams, agile development.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Experience with JIRA for project planning, tracking and reporting.
- Deep experience with system design for scalability, including back-end, databases, front-end, mobile, micro-services, containerization e.g Docker or Kubernetes, APIs and SDKs.
- Strong English written and spoken language skills
- Hardware and embedded software experience
- Experience in cybersecurity sector
- Flexible working hours and possible part-time involvement
- Possibility of traveling to our business partners in Spain and Portugal
- Possibility of working from home or our offices in Wrocław/Katowice
Tools we use
- JetBrains solutions as a programming environment.
- Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket for PM/document collaboration/code management
- Slack, Zoom, Google Apps, TeamViewer
- Amazon AWS
Cyberus Labs is an innovative company focusing on providing security solutions for the digital world. We are the only polish company who awarded in 2018 in prestigious the Horizon 2020 programme (2,8 mln EUR grant).
Our project – ‘Easy & Lightweight IoT Protector’ (ELIoT Pro), is a next-generation breakthrough solution in the emergent market of IoT cybersecurity that is designed to be an industry standard in IoT.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com